Best Leather Sleeper Sofa Reviews and Buyers Guide
- 1 Best Leather Sleeper Sofa Reviews and Buyers Guide
- 1.1 The 5 Best Leather Sleeper Sofa Reviews
- 1.1.1 Signature Design by Ashley Larkinhurst
- 1.1.2 Coaster Fine Furniture 501681 Samuel Contemporary
- 1.1.3 Pearington Pillow Top Bella Futon Sofa
- 1.1.4 Modern Sofa Bed Sleeper Faux Leather
- 1.1.5 Serta Dream Convertible Seville Sofa
- 1.1.6 How to care for leather sleeper sofas
- 1.2 Things to consider when buying a leather sleeper sofa
- 1.1 The 5 Best Leather Sleeper Sofa Reviews
If you do not wish to spend a lot of time worrying that your drink may pour on the sofa and cause a stain or you do not want to spend a lot of time trying to rearrange the sleeper after a guest has used it, a leather sleeper sofa may be a good choice of furniture for you. Most people like that they are easy to clean and they look stylish. These days there are a number of different designs and unfortunately, not all are going to be good enough for you. This guide will help you make the best choice of best leather sleeper sofa. Following intense research on this subject, we have tried to provide as much information as you will need to make a good choice.
Why buy leather furniture
You may still need a bit more convincing to choose leather sofas over other fabric, well here are a few reasons that may sway you to invest in leather.
In most cases, if you care for them like you are supposed to, leather furniture will last longer than most other fabric. They do not wear and tear easily even with constant use especially if they are the genuine article.
Care for them is a lot easier than other fabric. I have had issues with polyester sofas which tend to trap the smell of dog or the juice that the kids spilled on it and it is hard to get rid of it, well with leather that is not a worry.
Leather is more inclined to maintain its original shape so there is no need to spend a lot of time trying to straighten it after someone has been seated or sleeping on it.
Leather sofas have a nice look and for example, in an office, they add a level of professionalism to your waiting room or even your office itself. There seems to be something about leather that gives the owner an aura of success.
The 5 Best Leather Sleeper Sofa Reviews
Signature Design by Ashley Larkinhurst
This sofa has a rustic leather look that will add beautiful contrast to a living room. Its design is sturdy and somehow I feel like it looks like a sofa that commands authority.
It comes with a queen size mattress which should provide comfort to your guest and it can sleep, 2 people. The backrest cushions are attached while the seat cushions are loose.
It is not made from real leather, but it looks convincingly original. The foam cushions are covered in polyester, polyurethane, and vinyl.
There is a bit of leather as well on the inside. It seems rather durable and I like the fact that you get to have a sofa that looks like it is leather but you do not have to pay the cost of looking after leather. It also comes with a reasonable price tag.
- The sofa looks nice with its unique color
- Maintenance is easier than with real leather
- It comes with a big queen size mattress that can sleep, 2 adults
- It has a good height which makes it easy to get up off the bed and sofa
- If you have back problem, this sofa is good for your posture
- The cushions on the backrest are attached so cannot flip them in case of an unsightly scratch.
Coaster Fine Furniture 501681 Samuel Contemporary
I am particularly drawn to this leather sofa because of its price. You can own it for slightly over 500 dollars and it looks great, providing that leather elegance to the living room.
If you want to use it as a sleeper, there is the ottoman available. It is firm, so if you like firm sofas and sleepers you will probably like this one.
It is made from bonded leather, so be ready to care for it with the occasional leather spray cleaner to ensure it remains looking good.
The frame is made from hardwood yet the sofa is not too heavy. 2 people can carry it around easily. I would recommend it though for a person who is not planning on sleeping on it every day as it may be too firm, for an overnight guest it will be okay.
- It looks good which provides an elegant look for your living room
- It is made from hardwood but it is still not too heavy
- All the cushions can be moved as they are not attached
- For a person with back problem, it provides good support for the back
- It is fairly priced and worth the expense
- If you have children, it may not last long with constant use, the leather starts to peel
- Bullet Point 2
Pearington Pillow Top Bella Futon Sofa
If you are looking for a sofa for your office, this could be a good option. It can also serve in the living room or for a college dome. It has a stylish arch shaped stand made from stainless steel which will complement your office.
I recommend it for the office because I think it is a great option for a power nap as it can quickly recline or lie flat.
When it comes to comfort, the sofa is designed with small pillow like squares with high-density foam, although it is firm, this design can give you the feeling of a sweet spot even when you have just assembled it. When you are sleeping on it, it can help to give support to particular parts of the body. I found this useful once when I could only sleep on my side. With this sofa, you can stay in one position and still fill comfortable.
- With the pillow top design, you can feel comfortable even if you lie in the same position the whole night
- The transformation from chair to lounger or bed is quick and easy
- The stainless steel accentuation for the front and back legs add class and beauty to the sofa
- It can be used as a sofa, lounger or sleeper which makes it a great investment for an amazingly affordable price
- If you are tall, or 5.9 and over, your feet will be overlapping the sleeper when you lie straight.
Modern Sofa Bed Sleeper Faux Leather
To me, this sofa spells relaxation. The chaise design gives you the opportunity to put your feet up while the backrest can be adjusted to lounge position which is how I like to sit on a movie night.
If you add the ottoman, it is possible for 3 adults to sit on this sofa with their legs up in the lounger position and when you want to sleep, it easily collapses to turn into a sleeper.
The white leather adds to the beauty of the sofa and it is a break from the usual black or brown leather. It has stainless steel legs which seem to be the modern design for sofa legs and they do look elegant as well as sturdy. I like that the ottoman can also be used as a table.
- It is priced below 500 dollars, in my opinion, that is quite affordable
- It has chrome legs and faux leather finishing which add class and elegance to the room
- For a small house, it will provide sufficient sitting space as the only sofa
- It is well padded which provides the right amount of comfort and support for your body
- It is easy to assemble since there are not many parts that come in the box
- There are no armrests for the sofa
Serta Dream Convertible Seville Sofa
Just by looking at this sofa, I get the impression that it is strong and firm. It has no cushions which can be a good thing if you hate having to arrange them whenever you get up.
There are 2 elegant looking pillows that are also covered in leather and you can use them to sit on if you find the sofa to firm.
The backrest of this sofa can collapse to create a bed in seconds. For a short nap, this is great, but I would advise that you get a foam cover for an overnight guest. The seat can lift up to reveal storage space which is more than enough for keeping beddings. This sofa goes for slightly over 500 dollars and I think that is a good bargain.
- It has storage space under the seat which is good for small houses with space shortage
- Transforming it into a bed is quick and easy
- It is quite firm which is good for people with back problems
- The 2 pillows are covered in leather which makes them easier to clean and gives an elegant look
- It looks elegant and expensive but it comes at a reasonable price
- It’s made from genuine bonded leather which is durable
- Do not get this if you have a cat, they will scratch off the leather.
If you still are caught in between decisions, here is a reminder about the best leather sleeper sofas reviewed. The Signature Design by Ashley Larkinhurst is the most expensive on this list, but it is also quite unique in terms of what it adds to the décor of your home or guest room. If you wish to save money, then the Pearington Pillow top cover is the cheapest and has a modern classy look suited to both the office and the home. My personal favorite is the Modern Sofa Bed Sleeper because of its different sections that provide different options for use including using the ottoman as a coffee table. In a home with limited space, you may appreciate the Serta Dream Convertible which has a big storage space under the seat.
How to care for leather sleeper sofas
Like I had mentioned earlier, care for leather furniture is a lot easier than the others but there are still certain tips that you may want to keep in mind.
First of all, it is important that you do not expose it to long periods of sunlight. The sun tends to hit up the leather and it becomes softer than usual. This will affect its lifespan.
If you have cats, you probably should not have a leather chair but if it is inevitable, cover the leather with a softer material so that the cat cannot scratch holes into it or just let the cat understand it should not be anywhere on that sofa.
If the sleeper has moving joints, you may want to have those oiled to avoid squeaks
When cleaning, use leather cleaner periodically but ordinary wiping with a damp cloth and vacuuming the crevices will do fine
Things to consider when buying a leather sleeper sofa
You need to consider if the sofa will suit your lifestyle, for example, we mention having a cat and having a leather sofa may not be a good idea. Also, the kind of house you have and décor may determine what kind of sofa you will choose.
Sofas come in different shapes and sizes so you have the option of choosing something that will fit into the space that you have for it. It may be a good idea to take measurements before you make the order so that you know if it will fit.
This is an important consideration. You can cut out the hassle of going through so many catalogs by figuring out how much you are able to spend then limit your search to those that fit into your budget. Luckily, in this guide, you will find there is a varied price range.
Naturally, we all have different preferences, it is good to consider what kind of design you would like. You could choose to have a more modern look or the classic sofa style, it really depends on you and it is good to see what designs are out there because you may find one you never knew existed and you may like it.
Consider both your comfort and that of your guests. Comfort may defer to a certain degree but it is fair to assert that no one would like to sleep or sit on a pile of rocks so find something that is good for relaxation and sleep.