5 Best Sleeper Sofa Under $1000 Reviews and Buyers Guide
When you consider the price of a good bed and the price of a good sofa, you may realize that you may need to spend close to 2000 dollars to have both of them. you can, however, save yourself the expense by getting yourself a sleeper couch which can serve both purposes especially if you are trying to furnish a guest room or just make provisions for guests. There are a number of choices you could make and this guide will give you the choice of best sleeper sofa under $1000. A lot of factors have been put into consideration in order to find the top 5 and hopefully, you will be able to make a choice from these.
Recommended Best Sleeper Sofa Under $1000
- 1 Recommended Best Sleeper Sofa Under $1000
- 1.1 Signature Design by Ashley Larkinhurst
- 1.2 Coaster Home Furnishings Contemporary Sleeper
- 1.3 Jaxx Zipline Convertible Sleeper Sofa
- 1.4 Serta Dream Convertible Seville Sofa
- 1.5 Zuo Modern Serenity Sleeper Sofa
- 2 What to consider when choosing a sleeper sofa
- 3 Advantages of sleeper sofas
- 4 How to find a good Sleeper Sofa under $1000
Signature Design by Ashley Larkinhurst
If you associate leather with style elegance and class, then you may be happy with this sofa. It is not purely leather but it does look like leather. It also has a unique color which I find easy to match with different decorations in the house.
I would go for this sofa mainly because of its look.When it comes to comfort, this is relative to individuals I find it okay as it is not too hard or too soft. If you wish to make it softer as you sit, you can use the cushions either for your back or for the seat. It comes with a memory foam mattress so you can give your guests a comfortable bed for the night. It is also durable as long as it is well taken care of.
- The sofa looks nice with its unique color
- Maintenance is easier than with real leather
- It comes with a big queen size mattress that can sleep, 2 adults
- It has a good height which makes it easy to get up off the bed and sofa
- If you have back problem, this sofa is good for your posture
- The cushions on the backrest are attached so cannot flip them in case of an unsightly scratch.
Coaster Home Furnishings Contemporary Sleeper
This sofa is slightly cheaper than the Signature Design by Ashley Larkinhust but it is also leather and comes in white or brown. It is covered in bonded leather and has a contemporary design with thick and short wooded legs.
All the cushions can be removed and they are comfortable. If you like to break into a sofa and create your sweet spot, this sofa will give you that chance as it gets softer with time.
The mattress for this sleeper sofa is memory foam and it is quite comfortable but if you wish, you can add an extra foam topper to make it even softer. The frame for the bed is metallic which will provide god support even if 2 adults are sleeping on the bed. Overall, I find it worth the price.
- It is wide enough to sleep two adults or 3 children
- The mattress is thick enough to give comfort and yet still easy to pull out or fold.
- It is made from durable material which does not tear easily
- It looks stylish so it adds a touch of class to a living room or bedroom
- The price is amazingly affordable in comparison to other leather sleeper sofas
- The leather headrest can become uncomfortable on a hot night, you need to add a cotton or other fabric cushion or cover.
Jaxx Zipline Convertible Sleeper Sofa
If you want to be able to do a number of things with your sofa, this may just be the right sofa for you. It is multifunctional, you can use it as a 3 seater with the ottomans as foot rests or tables, or you can pile the ottomans on the sofa and make a raised bench, put one ottoman in the middle of the sofa as a raised table or fold out the backrest and add the ottomans to make a comfortable king size bed.
This sofa is quite comfortable and easy to care for. The covers can be removed and machine washed. Converting it to whatever suits your style is easy as well and does not take up too much time. With a creative mind, you probably could find a number of ways you can use it and its price is impressive.
- It is multifunctional so there are so many ways you can use it
- It is a very comfortable sofa as well as bed
- The ottomans are nice for children to play with
- The fabric is easy to wash and the covers come off so you can machine wash them
- It can transform easy and fast into a bed, bench or workstation
- It is affordable considering the many options of use it provides
- The backrest is not high enough so part of your upper back gets no support
Serta Dream Convertible Seville Sofa
The Serta Dream convertible offers you 3 functions: upright sofa, lounger, and bed. By simply adjusting the backrest, you can have a different function.
For a home with little storage space, it is an advantage to have this sofa that gives you the option of storage space under the seat. The top opens up like a trunk to reveal the storage space.
It has a solid design with a wooden frame that is covered with foam and the final fabric is genuine bonded leather which gives a really nice look and adds class to your living room or guest room. It is great for a nap but would recommend a foam mattress if it is to be used as an everyday bed since leather can heat up and get sticky if you sleep on it directly.
- It has storage space under the seat which is good for small houses with space shortage
- Transforming it into a bed is quick and easy
- It is quite firm which is good for people with back problems
- The 2 pillows are covered in leather which makes them easier to clean and gives an elegant look
- It looks elegant and expensive but it comes at a reasonable price
- It’s made from genuine bonded leather which is durable
- Do not get this if you have a cat, they will scratch off the leather.
Zuo Modern Serenity Sleeper Sofa
Here is a sofa for someone who would like to give a fashionable look to their home or office. The foldable armrests are a nice touch as they add style and functionality to the sofa.
You can choose to let the armrests lie flat so that you create more sitting space or fold them up and have a place to rest your arm.
The backrest can fold backward and lie flat, resting on a support that slides out from under the couch to create a bed. The unit comes with a pair of pillows to add comfort while you sleep or sit on the sofa. It is covered in polyblend fabric which feels nice and comfortable and is easy to care for.
- It is stylish and adds class to the room it will be put in
- The cushions are soft and comfortable both for sleeping and sitting
- You do not have to spend on pillows since it comes with 2 full sized ones
- It is space efficient, if you have a small house, a sofa like this would fit easily
- It has a color that blends easily with different surroundings
- It is a bit low so if you have back or joint problem, it can be hard to get up off the sofa or bed
Let's wrap this up with a summary of the different sofas reviewed for under $1000. For a unique and durable sofa, you can consider the Signature Design by Ashley Larkinhust it goes for slightly over 900 dollars and adds character to your living room. Alternatively, you can go for the Coaster Home Furnishings which has a contemporary design and a comfortable memory foam mattress. I am quite drawn to the Jaxx Zipline Convertible sleeper for its diversity and comfort. The Serta is good for extra storage and is made with genuine bonded leather which makes it durable. Lastly, the Zuo Modern sofa adds a sense of fashion to the room. You can make your choice based on what impresses you most.
What to consider when choosing a sleeper sofa
The size of the sofa will be dependent on 2 things, first of all, is the space available in the house. You do not want to end up with a sofa that will not fit in the space that you expect to put it so you need to consider its size in relation to the space in the home or office. The second aspect is how big you want the sofa to be. Say do you want the entire family to be able to sit on the sofa at once? Or do you expect tall visitors who may need a rather long sleeper, say king size. This will determine what kind of couch you will purchase.
Sofas come in different designs since individuals have different preferences. It is a good idea to have a design in mind. For example, your living room may have a modern stylish look and you would want a sofa that will compliment that. You can go for stylish or you can choose to have a rustic look. The choice is yours but you need to give it some thought because in most cases your choice may be something you will have to live with for a while. You may also want to consider color as part of the design.
If you like to maintain a particular posture when seated, you may want to go with a firm sofa while if you enjoy sinking into the couch, a softer cushioning will be fine. Firm sofas are usually easier to get up off but may be uncomfortable if you are seated on them for longer periods while soft sofas are good to relax on though they may not be good if you have a bad back.
With a maximum expenditure of $1000, you probably should consider how long you will be able to use this sofa before you need to fork out the next 1000 dollars. Things like the frame of the couch, the fabric used and maintenance needed can affect durability.
Advantages of sleeper sofas
How to find a good Sleeper Sofa under $1000
First of all, by reading a guide like this, you are well on your way to achieving that. You will get a choice of different kinds of sofas that meet your budget and useful information about them.
I would also recommend going to the manufacturer's website and read more about the sofa you may be considering. On the website, you can find out details like warranty and special offers.
Reviews on a particular product can also help you choose. People who have purchased a particular product can give you the best feedback. It is important though to ensure they are not being biased.