Most Comfortable Sleeper Sofa Reviews and Buyers Guide
- 1 Most Comfortable Sleeper Sofa Reviews and Buyers Guide
- 1.1 Why you should get a sleeper sofa
- 1.2 Most Comfortable Sleeper Sofa Reviews
- 1.2.1 Signature Design by Ashley Lottie
- 1.2.2 Purest Of America 5 Inch Sofa Bed Mattress
- 1.2.3 Coaster Home Furnishings Contemporary Sleeper,Black
- 1.2.4 Simmons Upholstery Hide-a-Bed
- 1.2.5 DHP Sienna Sofa Sleeper
- 1.2.6 Modway Empress Upholstered Sofa
- 1.2.7 Pillow Top Arm Convert-a-Couch
- 1.3 How to choose a Comfortable sleeper sofa
- 1.4 Useful features to have on your sleeper sofa
Not everyone has enough room in their home for guests but that should not stop you from having a comfortable bed for your overnight guests. A sleeper sofa solves that problem since you are able to maintain a beautiful living room and in the night you can transform the sofa into a bed. It may not be easy choosing the most comfortable sleeper sofa but we have compiled a list of those that are highly recommended and which we notice have features that make them comfortable.
This guide will also teach you how to make a choice of sleeper sofa and what features you need to be particular about when shopping for one. Generally, this guide aims at teaching you as much as possible so that you can easily find something that you like.
Why you should get a sleeper sofa
To save space
Most modern apartments do not have as much space as we would like, sleeper sofas are able to do 2 things and yet take up the space of one. You do not need to have a bed and a sofa, you can just have one of them if you are trying to save space and in the night you can transform the sofa into a bed. College domes, studio apartments, and any crowded living areas can benefit greatly from this furniture.
Let your guests sleep comfortably
A sleeper sofa is much better than offering a sleeping bag or having to share a bed with your guest. Sofa beds are comfortable and your guest will be able to enjoy the night or nights they spend at your home. If you get a good one, there should be no risk of back problems from sleeping on the sofa.
Your living room does not have to look like a bedroom just because you have a guest spending the night or because the wife kicked you out of the bedroom. The sofa looks good at day time as a chair and at night it is back to a bed.
Relaxation is important
After a long day, you may want to relax by lying down comfortably while watching TV for talking and a sleeper sofa helps you do that. You do not need to go all the way to your room. Some of the options you will see on this list, are quick and easy to transform into beds or loungers that you can rest on or relax.
Many of the sleeper sofas made these days are quite stylish. If you would like to have a fashionable living room, it is a good idea to purchase these modern designs that add class to your home or office.
You will also see some of the options on this list that provide storage space. This means you are getting a sofa, a bed and a cabinet all in one. When trying to use small spaces efficiently, extra storage space is always welcome.
Most Comfortable Sleeper Sofa Reviews
Signature Design by Ashley Lottie
The material with which this sleeper sofa is made of makes it easy to care for. A combination of leather, polyester, and polyurethane make it easy to clean and add a look of elegance to it. You can turn the sofa into a queen size bed by simply pulling out the memory foam mattress that is neatly stored under the seat cushions.
The soft backrest transforms into a comfortable headrest when you are using it as a bed and the strong wooden structure makes a firm support for an adult of normal weight as well as heavier individuals. As a bed or sofa, this Signature Design by Ashley Lottie looks elegant and feels comfortable.
- The memory foam mattress is very comfortable and fits well under the sofa
- It is quite comfortable both as a chair and bed
- It is made from strong durable material which is easy to care for
- It is beautifully designed and complements the living room
- It is easy and fast to switch from sofa to queen size bed
- The backrest cushions do not come off and make a very soft headrest
- It is quite large, it may not fit easily through a small door for some studio apartments
Purest Of America 5 Inch Sofa Bed Mattress
You can fit this mattress on any foldable sofa. The mattress is designed to provide support for the entire body so your guest can have a comfortable sleep and wake up without pains caused by sleeping on poor quality mattresses.
For sofas that have space for a mattress when folded, this mattress folds flexibly into different sofas or you can fold it away and keep in a cupboard that will fit a mattress that size.
This mattress is shipped compressed so do not think you have received the wrong size, it may take at least 48 to 72 hours to fully expand. In a small room, you will not have trouble getting it to fit as it is designed for easy use in tight or small rooms.
- It is flexible and will fold away in any reasonably sized fold away sofa
- The mattress supports the entire body which makes your sleep more comfortable
- It fits on a variety of sofas
- The material is soft and of reasonable weight so you do not struggle moving it from storage to the sofa for use
- You have to wait 2 or even more days for it to fully expand to the right size after purchase.
Coaster Home Furnishings Contemporary Sleeper,Black
For a leather sofa, this Coaster Home Furnishing sleeper is unbelievably affordable and you do not need to worry that the quality may be low. It is a well put together sleeper that is also easy to use.
The mattress is a foam mattress and is easy to pull out when you need to sleep. It is supported on metallic frames which will support the weight of any normal sized adult or as many as 3 children.
The tufted cushions provide comfortable pillows in the night and the mattress too is good to keep you warm as well as comfortable during the night. At day time when the bed is folded away, you have a nice leather couch giving your living room or studio apartment a contemporary stylish look.
- It is wide enough to sleep two adults or 3 children
- The mattress is thick enough to give comfort and yet still easy to pull out or fold.
- It is made from durable material which does not tear easily
- It looks stylish so it adds a touch of class to a living room or bedroom
- The price is amazingly affordable in comparison to other leather sleeper sofas
- The leather headrest can become uncomfortable on a hot night, you need to add a cotton or other fabric cushion or cover.
Simmons Upholstery Hide-a-Bed
Simons Upholstery Hide a bed has a reasonably thick mattress of about 4inches which provides a comfortable support for your entire body. It stores away from sight so that your living room looks like a living room at day time and you can easily transform it into a guest room at night.
The cushions are a combination of spring and foam which provides the right amount of support for your body.
If you worry about getting the smell of your guest from the sofa, well the seat covers can come off and you can machine wash them. The sassy barley color is not a color you hear of often but it is a shade of brown which does not show dirt easy.
- The sofa comes with its own pillows
- The springs on the inside and foam are comfortable and they easily return to the original shape after you get up
- The frame is made from hardwood which is durable and can support any weight.
- It is not obvious that it is a bed
- It is not a comfortable bed for tall people since you have to fold your legs to fit the length.
DHP Sienna Sofa Sleeper
This is a sleeper sofa I would recommend not just for a home but even for an office. I sometimes have to work through the night but I take a few hours to catch a wink and a sofa like this would come in handy.
The backrest can collapse to create a lounger or sleeper and it is quite comfortable for a power nap or for a guest bed.
DHP specially design their furniture with fabric that is easy to clean. You can use a damp cloth to remove dust or a vacuum cleaner. The material is also durable and the foam padding on the inside gives you the comfort you need for a good rest. The price is affordable so even a student in college or a fresh graduate can afford this stylish sleeper sofa for their home.
- It is one of the easiest couches to turn into a sleeper by simply collapsing the backrest.
- It has a modern and stylish design that adds to the interior décor of a room
- Care for this sofa is simple sine it is easy to clean and the material is durable
- It is made from breathable fabric so you do not feel very hot as you sleep on it.
- It is a bit too firm, I would not recommend it for an everyday bed
Modway Empress Upholstered Sofa
When you come home from a long days work and you just want to take a few minutes to relax and maybe nod off as you watch the TV, this could be a comfortable option for you. It is made quite comfortable, you can sink in and just release all the stress. Or if you have an overnight guest and no room in the bedrooms, this may be comfortable enough for them.
Originally it feels very firm but comfortable and as you continue to use it, it will become a softer the frame is made from sturdy wood and a toddler jumping on the sofa will not affect its frame. You, however, may need to be careful if you have cats because they too will love to sleep on it but if they start scratching, the threads will begin to come off.
- It is firm and yet comfortable so there is sufficient support for your body as you sleep on it
- You do not need to fold or unfold anything to use it as a sleeper, just lie down and cover yourself
- It comes in a color that is easy to match with décor in the room
- The clearance from the ground is high enough for when you are cleaning. A mop, broom of vacuum can slide under
- The wooden stands do not scratch the floor
- The armrests do not have sufficient padding, you need a pillow for extra comfort
Pillow Top Arm Convert-a-Couch
For a couch that will turn into a complete bed with pillows and enough space for 2 adults, this is an option you may want to consider. The convert a couch gives you 3 settings; it can be a couch, you can recline on it, or lay it flat as a bed and the armrest is fully padded to act as a pillow. It also has extra pillows for extra comfort.
The top fabric is smooth and soft and the couch can be used with full queen size bed sheets. Transforming this into a bed is very quick as a simple touch will let the backrest collapse and lay flat. There are springs inside to help in providing comfort as well as regaining its shape after you get up. For a sleeper sofa under 500 dollars, I think this is a fair deal.
- The headrest is soft and comfortable thanks to the padded armrest that is also a pillow
- The recline position is a nice option when you just want to relax and say watch TV
- It is easy to put together from the box.
- It is made from fabric that is stain resistant so cleaning is easy and coffee spills are no problem
- It has no bar in the backrest which makes it comfortable when sleeping
- The springs may start to protrude after long and constant use
Now you have a list of the most comfortable sleeper sofa and hopefully, it will be easier to make a choice. Personally, the Signature Design by Ashley Lottie is a well-designed sleeper sofa and it does not only look good, it provides a nice big mattress and comes at a reasonable cost. The DHP Sienna is good for both office and home so if you like to have a comfortable nap in the office, it would be a good option and if you wish to save money, you can opt for the convert a couch which is the cheapest on this list. All these come highly recommended so I believe whichever choice you make would serve you well.
How to choose a Comfortable sleeper sofa
Check the padding
Comfort is going to depend greatly on how soft the sofa or sleeper is. While you do not want it to be so soft that you sink inside, it should also not be like sleeping on rocks. In most cases, memory foam is a good padding for a sleeper and sofa. It starts off really firm but as you continue using it, it gets a lot softer and more adapted to the human shape.
Part of comfort is being able to fit on the sleeper. It can be very uncomfortable if your legs are overlapping the mattress. Consider the average height of most of the people you know and buy something that will suit most of them if not all.
It would be embarrassing and painful if a guest or you yourself ended up falling to the floor as you sit or lie on the sofa. It is important therefore to have a firm and sturdy sofa. The frame needs to be made from strong material like hardwood or steel. It is also important to note whether its maximum weight can carry someone of your weight or the people who may be using this sleeper sofa.
Consider the available space
it is important that you have the space to accommodate the sofa when it is transformed into a bed. Sometimes you may have a coffee table that may need to be moved to create space for the bed to unfold, that may be fine but if you need to break down a wall because there is just not enough space, then you probably need to go for a smaller option.
Some sofas do not have armrests, some have them but they are completely wooden and the sizes differ. This is a personal choice, you can decide to have one without arm rest or one that has well-padded armrests. Consider your comfort and that of your guests when you make that choice. It is also good to take into consideration that thick armrests will result in more space taken up by the sofa so ensure you have the space for that.
Before you set a budget, it is important that you find out what the average price is for a product that you would like to purchase and then set your budget within that limit. Many shoppers make the mistake of coming up with an unrealistic budget and may get disappointed because they are unable to find something within the range they had budgeted for or they end up with low-quality products. At the same time, there are some reasonably priced sofas that are still good quality and we have included a few in this list.
Useful features to have on your sleeper sofa
Apart from the sofa being able to transform into a bed, there are certain features many of the good sleeper sofas come with. Here are some of them.
One of the main reasons you buy this kind of furniture is to save space and another way to save space is to have storage space within the sofa. This comes in handy to keep the beddings and your guest can also keep personal items in there. It is also important that this storage is easily accessible.
You will not have to spend on pillows if the sleeper sofa comes with its own pillows. This also adds to the comfort either when sleeping or even when you are just seated on the sofa and may need extra support for your back.
Fixed or movable cushions
you may find it better to have either of these choices. Removable cushions tend to give you the ability to use them in other ways or to take them out in the sun without having to take out the whole sofa. If you have young children, you may prefer the ones that are fixed since they cannot throw them around as they jump on the sofa, even though at times you may want to use them to make a cushion castle with your young ones.
In the end, shopping for the most comfortable sleeper sofa will come down to what you consider to be comfortable and you should be able to see that in the sofa you would like to choose. It is advisable to do research even after you have made a choice, read more reviews and if you have any questions, see if they are answered in the question and answer section so that you are sure you are getting something you will enjoy using.